Bitumen and Asphalt Testing
The team at GSG have the ability to perform testing on all classes of bitumen, emulsion, PMB’s and cutbacks. We have personnel certified under the Australian Asphalt Pavement Association for sprayed sealing selection and design.
As well as routine testing for Quality Control and Quality Assurance to ensure the integrity
of seal and asphalt projects, GSG staff have extensive knowledge and experience in a wide
range of specifications including:
- AS 2341 Series – Methods of testing bitumen and related road making products
- AS 2157 – Cutback bitumen AS 2008 – Bitumen for pavements
- AS 1160 Series – Bituminous emulsions for the construction and maintenance of pavements
- MRWA 700 Series test methods for asphalt
- MRWA 500 Series Specification
- MRWA Specification 510
- MRWA Specification 201
- Austroads AGPT test methods
- Asphalt mix design in accordance with AS specification
GSG acknowledge that these can sometimes seem confusing and difficult to navigate in regards to testing frequencies and compliance requirements, which is why we focus heavily on assisting industry, through offering verbal assistance through to managing your entire QA/QC testing program to ensure that you are compliant with specific project requirements.